Monday, August 19, 2013

The willpower to succeed.

So I've kinda had a rather hectic week as usual.
One of my major issues this week have been the fact I was essentially starting to smoke again.

Don't get me wrong i want to smoke, but not in a continuously habit basis. I'm fine with taking a small pack or so during a party. Trouble is most of this week have been prelude to the parties during the weekend so I've kinda been smoking all week. To put in reference I stopped from one minute to the next some 2 month ago and I was doing fine.

So now I basically started again and I hate it. i makes me dependant on something that I really don't need, yet is plays tricks on my "wants". And after the party I didn't smoke yesterday, so why did I pick up a pack on the way to work?

Have you ever had the "lose/lose" scenario?
No matter how I'd flip it I'd lose today. if I didn't go smoking I'd be a furious hell storm of anger towards everybody, which would effect the quality of the work i need to perform today.
The other option which I picked I'd give in to my urges and smoke even though I don't really want to.

And I hate me self for not having enough willpower to stay the course.
I'll get around to it, but not today.

What I need to do it stand my ground towards my own desires and simply not acquire new smokes, this way I'll run out and without any to restart and refraining from getting new ones, I'll detoxified in a few weeks and I'll be back in routine of not smoking. During this time I'll have to fight my own urges and counter any scheme my mind will play on me. The way to do it is quite simple: Just say NO. It's just so bloody hard to say no to yourself.

For those of you that figures this is unique, consider if you haven't had these battles with yourself before.
Did you fall for your own schemes and deceptions or did you stand your ground long enough to get into a routine, where willpower stops to be the focusing factor?

No comments:

Post a Comment