Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Consolidate damn it.

So it's summer time and I've been somewhat busy doing nothing.

The result of that is that I drop out loads of information streams and I have plenty trouble just keeping up.
It brings into focus one of the reasons I've grown tired and bored of Facebook and basically is just waiting to delete it.

To me the discovery and G+ was a one of the Hey, I've been looking for exactly this thing. Then I threw myself into it with the usual blind vigor that this type of media intuitively set upon you.

Setting out I had few to no one to follow, and the interest of their postings were marginally of interest. but you got to load the stream, don't you?

As mentioned before I'm using an Samsung tablet for mobility namely navigation, and I love the concept of Google Latitude. Setting that up a Google account was needed and with that you're suddenly got Calendar, Gmail, G+, Blogger, YouTube, ?Drive?, play, Picasa and personalized searches.

Setting out here provides me with something I haven't had for quite a while: A clean slate. Trouble with that is that it's clean. Having a relative need to be seen that state doesn't last for long. So quickly I start filling up with general public stuff i like to watch but have little to need on interacting with, the "Entertain me" path. That is already in a place where I actually should start uncircling some, or at least start to sort it better. Caturnday is funny, but when you see nothing but cute cats, they grow tiresome rather then funny.

Actually this would be a cry for help I guess, having issues and trouble defining precisely what I like and where i want to go. Sure I have interests, most notoriously would be my passion for anthropology (Study of human, and social interactions and it's effect on it's environment).
Of note I personally involve in Eve-online which would be somewhat the top experiment on that. (It being a video game and entertainment in itself helps a lot)

Putting my interest this precise should or would help in finding points of interactive interest, rigth?
No, in fact it just makes everything harder.
Knowing precisely what I like to spend time doing, puts in contrast precisely what I don't want to spend time doing.

An example to illustrate clearly:
The minefield of Religion....
I like discussing religion, and minor details of it, what ever religion that may be.
I'm not a religious person, and I never will be. I will accept I'm wrong from time to time.
I will never accept salvation in acknowledgement that I'm wrong, or blindly accept being wrong (or right).

Religious debaters tends to be going in the extremes and that's where I stop following. When people them self stop processing the information they are given. It's one of the things i don't like in humans.




And now see what happened. I opened my mind and all direction is lost. And that is my main problem with virtually everything. I need stuff consolidated. Boxed and labeled would be nice too. It wouldn't work, but the labels would help.

With Google latitude, G+, Blogger being 3 different spheres of interaction I need to clean it up. Set up the circle structure. Figure out how publish to folks without circling them, or maybe I need to circle them to label them correctly...
"Moar work"
Cited from Peon 7, Warcraft 3


Well it's summertime, now probably isn't the rigth time to figure this out.
Anyway, if you have advise on the usage of Circles, don't hesitate to share it, yet as with any religion I might not agree with you insights, but I'll give it considerable thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment