Saturday, June 16, 2012

It's finally here

Yes, yesterday. The slate finally arrived. The financing didn't go as I planned. But people have had a good time telling me how stupid I am for insisting on helping myself when other stand ready to provide assistance. But that's just one of my strange sticking to principles even when it hurts ideas.

Anyway. It's mine now. The model P5100 white, plus the samsung earplugs with a microphone, the keyboard for easy work applications. The leather sleeve cover, also samsung recommended. And the table charger for home/nigth charging, it's still in the mail, but I'll get by with the default charger for now.

So do I like it?
For the moment it's just as I expect. Was positivly impressed it was shipped charged, meaning I didn't have to wait a day or so while it charged.
Another great thing is the auto sync with the old device, meaning I didn't have to seek my much liked applications.
Of course this means I need to remain strick in it's usage, as a complete systemwipe seems hard or even impossible. I suppose it's the price you pay for being clouded.

The first few issues are showing up. Using G+ and learning how that works, I found a problem seeking more content. This might as well be a Google issue as it be a samsung problem, which leads me to getting anoud that android insists this is a mobile phone, ignoring the fact it's a tablet, and thusly not exactly suited for phone usage. Sure it can do it, but it's not the prime function of the device. Also many application insists it's a mobile and thus use cramped mini UI. Sure I see the point when using 3 and 4" screens. But I use this more as a netbook then a mobile and the screen is huge with this in mind.

I'm sure I'll found solutions. But for now it's problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment